Creative Arts Director
Creative Arts Director, Broadcast Director, Production Volunteers
10-15 Hours per week
The New Life Production Director will assist in building relationships and making disciples through the organization and execution of the live production elements at all New Life weekend services and special events. This role requires a mixture of technical knowledge and ability, alongside strong communication and leadership.
KEY RESULTS AREAS (KRAS)
- Identify, recruit, train, and lead volunteers in production roles, including audio, video, lighting, stage management/crew, and staging/scenery, by scheduling and coordinating volunteers, overseeing necessary technical training, and maintaining excellent working condition and user-friendliness of all equipment at New Life.
- Prepare all essential production elements for weekend services and special events and ensure that production team members are equipped and informed regarding all relevant elements and details.
- Maintain a forward-thinking approach to be prepared for all possible scenarios during practices and live events by exploring potential problem areas, maintaining flexibility to adapt to unforeseen circumstances, being willing to jump in and operate in any volunteer position on short notice if needed, and making appropriate revisions to strategy as the production team navigates a variety of situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Believe in Jesus alone for salvation.
- Be a well respected leader, and display high levels of integrity.
- Avoid gossip at all costs. Lead with encouragement.
- If applicable, be faithful to your spouse and manage your household well.
- Chooses trust over suspicion. Believes the best in others, even when it’s difficult to do so.
- Be a person of sacrifice; giving up the things they love, for the things they love even more.
- Be winsome.
- Affirm the doctrinal beliefs and values of New Life Christian Church.
- Able to speak their mind effectively, but defer to others to benefit the overall mission and vision.
- Able to navigate conflict effectively.
- Leans toward problem solving, rather than problem identifying.
- Knows how to work hard, and laugh even harder.
o Lead volunteers
- Talent Scout – Naturally identifies and recruits people into areas of service that best meets their gift set.
- Quality Manager – Ability to identify problems, find solutions, and improve systems.
- Team Builder – Ability to build teams, equip and empower leaders, and hand off ministry effectively.
- Communicator – Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Proficient in Google applications such as Docs, Sheets, and Mail
- Proficient in Planning Center applications
- Coachable and takes direction well
- Able to work independently, as well as with a team